How it works:
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
– If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
– Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
– Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
– If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf–to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
* * *
1. extra LJ icon slots, not that I use my LJ much, but more icons are always good!
2. Rogue screenshots from the X3 trailer, which I refuse to watch
3. photos of sightings of THE CARDINAL RULE, with or without you in them (your preference!)
4. mizkit.com redesigns. see this post for my site design woes & whinges
5. a Plan USA (Childreach) sponsorship for an older child (presumably one with only one year of eligibility left, as I’m already sponsoring several kids and can’t afford to pick up another one at the end of a year, nor am I willing to abandon one partway through his or her eligibility status)
6. a goat (or anything else, for that matter)
7. a tree
8. english-style trumpet skirt or victorian velvet blouse from jpeterman. size 10 skirt, size 12 blouse.
9. jazz/blues albums/recommendations
10. a surprise :)
email contact address is catie at cemurphy dot net or, if you need a prompt response, mizkit73 at yahoo dot com. persons wishing to remain anonymous could, uh. email somebody who has my address. or i’ll put it behind a locked post, maybe.