el yucko

El yucko. Managed to food poison myself and Ted with pot roast last night (who the hell ever heard of getting food poisoning from /pot roast/? but there was nothing else we’d eaten in common, so) and so the last day has been full of ick and tiredness. Fortunately for our tiny little brains, we were able to re-arrange the Family Gathering schedule, and so didn’t have to do anything like entertain today. Which is good, ’cause Ted slept until 4pm, and I’ve been a useless lump.

I did go for a small walk. Oh, and I weighed myself this morning and have lost another pound and a half. That’s 6.5 pounds since the middle of April.

miles to Rivendell: 121.7

7 Comments

  1. Laura

    My condolences on the food poisoning. That’s definitely an unpleasant way to spend a weekend. Don’t be too quick to blame the pot roast though– contrary to popular belief, food poisoning can take up to 2 weeks to develop, so it could have been something you ate days ago.

    Thus speaks the epidemiologist. :)

  2. mary anne

    and just think….vomiting is good exercise for those abs…. :)

    but really, i’m sorry you’ve not been feeling well, and congrats on the weight loss….

  3. Laura

    Some pathogens in food take a while to build up to the toxic level within your body. Here’s a quote from the CDC:
    “After they (microbes) are swallowed, there is a delay, called the incubation period, before the symptoms of illness begin. This delay may range from hours to days, depending on the organism, and on how many of them were swallowed. During the incubation period, the microbes pass through the stomach into the intestine, attach to the cells lining the intestinal walls, and begin to multiply there. Some types of microbes stay in the intestine, some produce a toxin that is absorbed into the bloodstream, and some can directly invade the deeper body tissues. The symptoms produced depend greatly on the type of microbe. ”

  4. yer mah

    And besides what Laura said, and she probably knows,
    I can’t imagine pot roast giving you food poisoning
    because it’s cooked a long time. I’d think it’d be
    one of those things that would kill most of those
    nasty little things. Yep. So speaks yer mah.

Comments are closed.

Back to Top
%d bloggers like this: