i cannot brain, i has teh dum

There’s a…like a center of gravity. A vortex, but that’s not the word. Not counterweight, either. Where you’re the person or thing which causes other things to be drawn to it, so change can be affected. There’s a word for that.

I will send a copy of THE PRETENDER’S CROWN to whoever can come up with the word I’m looking for. *Argh*. *shakes brain in frustration*

eta: I think got closest to what I’m after first, with ‘fulcrum’. A fulcrum point from which everything else swings. I think that’s … generally it. Man. Words are hard!

eta, again: “Nexus” is the word I was actually looking for, and I think Ruth suggested it first, so email me your address and I’ll send you a copy of PRETENDER’S CROWN. :)

Tagged ,

4 thoughts on “i cannot brain, i has teh dum

  1. How about “Locus”? While primarily a math term–a point from which other things rotate or are centered (like orbits of planets)–but it also can be a person or thing that is at the heart of something.

  2. One could also use “Hub” or if you are willing to use more than one word “Focal Point”

  3. then too if one concentrates less on the centering concept and more on the enablement of change “Catalyst”

Comments are closed.